SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., May 7, 2002 – In a second wave of quarterly wireless Internet customer satisfaction studies,
In-Stat/MDR (http://www.instat.com) has found that, for the second quarter in a row, Nextel’s customers rated it higher
than any other provider’s (AT&T Wireless, Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless) customers. In the third and fourth
quarters of 2001, 68% of Nextel’s customers were completely, or very satisfied with the carrier’s services.
“In-Stat/MDR has found that there are four attributes that are key to driving customer satisfaction with wireless
Internet services; reliability of service, ease of use, breadth of applications available and quality of service”
says Becky Diercks, a Director with the high-tech market research firm. Although just a very small percentage of all
subscribers are extremely or very likely to churn to a new service provider in the next three months, carriers can’t
rest easy, as 31% of wireless Internet subscribers are thinking about churning. According to Diercks, “Carriers
must work to ensure customers are satisfied with all of these very crucial attributes, in addition to taking
advantage of new technologies like J2ME, BREW, WAP 2.0, GPRS and CDMA 1xRTT.”
In-Stat/MDR also found that:
– Sprint PCS’s service is most popular with wireless Internet panelists, followed by Verizon Wireless,
Nextel, and AT&T Wireless (in descending order).
– Looking at satisfaction with individual attributes, AT&T Wireless and Nextel were virtually tied for
customer satisfaction with service reliability.
– Verizon Wireless received the highest customer satisfaction rating for two attributes: customer
service and support, and geographic coverage.
– Verizon Wireless was nearly tied with Nextel on technical support.
The report, “In-Stat/MDR’s Wireless Internet Early Adopter Q4 ’01 Customer Satisfaction Results” (#IN020349WI), is the
second wave of In-Stat/MDR’s quarterly customer satisfaction studies. To purchase this report, or for more
information, please visit: http://www.instat.com/catalog/cat-wi.htm
or contact Erin McKeighan; email@example.com 480.609.4551. The report price is $2,295.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Leaders Can Build a More Collaborative and Productive Virtual Team - September 15, 2017
- How to Create an Effective and Cohesive Online and Offline Marketing Strategy - September 15, 2017
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017