My spin: All the best to Blacksun. HOWEVER, there’s several words in this press release, not just this one, but others also, that raise my worry factor.
1. “Until now, many small businesses have been unable to sell online because of the substantial investment required. ”
2. “Recent advancements in open source software are now helping to level the playing field.”
“Until” and “Level the Playing Field”
Tech vendors, keep harping on this “small business” cry and its ridiculous. Small businesses can’t do anything. They need to have the playing field level and etc. Come on vendors…can’t you think of a bit more creativity to sell your products to businesses that are “smaller”?
News Clip: BLACKSUN networks, Inc. ( www.blacksunnetworks.com ) announced today the launch of a new E-commerce service that makes it quick and easy for small “mom & pop” businesses to build online stores. Until now, many small businesses have been unable to sell online because of the substantial investment required. The expertise needed for the design and maintenance of online storefronts put them out of reach of the smallest businesses.
Recent advancements in open source software are now helping to level the playing field. Chris Dennison, Head Webmaster at BLACKSUN states, “Without the availability of this new high quality open source software, there would be no way to offer these services so inexpensively. Several open source products have quickly matured into production capable alternatives.” Ask Dennison why is open source so important and he quickly states, “Because it’s free.”
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017