My spin: Connecting remotely to your computer is important and being able to easily share Internet connectivity is also critical for any growing business. Linksys has a solution in their latest 8 port VPN router, that you should consider.
Linksys(R), a division of Cisco Systems Inc., the leading provider of broadband, wireless and networking hardware for the consumer and SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) markets, today announced the immediate availability of its new 10/100 8-Port VPN Router (RV082). An advanced Internet-sharing network solution, the RV082 has been especially designed to meet the needs of today’s small businesses.
Situated at the heart of a small office network, the connection-redundant 10/100 8-port VPN router lets multiple office computers share an Internet connection, like any router. However, the added-value of the RV802 router lies in its unique dual Internet ports which allow the user to connect a second Internet line as a backup, insuring permanent Internet connection. Alternatively, the user can use both Internet ports simultaneously, in which case the router balances the office requirements between both ports, allowing maximum bandwidth efficiency.
An added feature of the 10/100 8-Port VPN router is a built-in 8-port full-duplex 10/100 Ethernet switch, which allows the connection of 8 PCs directly. Additional switches can be connected in order to create a wider office network, as necessary.
The connection-redundant Linksys 10/100 8-Port VPN Router provides the connection reliability your business needs:
* Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall for maximum security
* 2 WAN ports for load balanced connectivity to the Internet
* 8-port 10/100 Switch supports Auto-MDI/MDIX and up to 200 Mbps of
throughput per port
* IP filtering allows for restricted access to the Internet and other
* Full IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) capability using DES and 3DES
* Support for MD5 and SHA Authentications Algorithms
* Create up to 50 simultaneous IPSec VPN Tunnels
* Management via Web, Telnet, SNMP and Setup Wizards make setup easy for
Pricing and Availability:
The Linksys 10/100 8-port VPN Router (RV082) is immediately available through E-commerce, direct response and distribution channels at an estimated street price of $299.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Animations Can Help Your Business – 7 Ways - July 16, 2018
- LinkedIn’s Newest Hiring Services Help Smaller Businesses Hire Smarter - July 11, 2018
- Using Reddit In Your Content Strategy - July 7, 2018