BEA Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAS) , the world’s leading application infrastructure software company, today announced the findings of a study (1) that demonstrates tremendous potential for enterprise-wide cost savings by leveraging an integrated Application Platform Suite (APS). The study, based on a detailed analysis of projects and data from systems integrators and Fortune 500 enterprises, highlights significant time-to-market and cost advantages — 22 percent faster, 25 percent less cost and assets — for IT initiatives implemented on an integrated platform when compared to projects implemented on a non-integrated platform.
This study compares the time-to-market and skills required for applications development, integration, deployment and maintenance on an integrated versus non-integrated platform. The study compares integrated versus non-integrated Application Platform Suites by analyzing more than fifty steps across the key stages of an application life cycle. Results reflect the inputs of numerous organizations including systems integrators and several industry-leading enterprises.
The results identify significant benefits in six major areas of enterprise IT:
* Time-to-Market Savings — one in every five days saved in time-to-market with an integrated platform
* Skill-Set Advantages — savings of up to 50 percent in time required of architects and senior J2EE engineers
* Cost Savings — combined savings in time-to-market and utilization of senior IT resources result in cost savings of 25 percent across the application lifecycle
* Reuse — An integrated platform promotes reuse, leading to savings of 30-65 percent in subsequent projects
* Adaptability – benefits of using an integrated platform grow over time, enabling IT to align its resources more effectively with the needs of the business and deliver greater business value
* Risk mitigation — a common environment for collaborative development, with ensured interoperability and reuse of skills and software, minimizes training costs, risk and errors
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Leaders Can Build a More Collaborative and Productive Virtual Team - September 15, 2017
- How to Create an Effective and Cohesive Online and Offline Marketing Strategy - September 15, 2017
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017