Edited by Joanna Sorrocki
At PC Expo this month, Xerox announced a line of new office products including the WorkCentre Pro C3545 an advanced multifunction system that Xerox claims is the the ” fastest speeds in its class”
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) announced a new wave of offerings including seven powerful multifunction products (MFPs), five digital copiers and software designed to enhance worker production at the recent TECHXNY in New York, on October 5, 2004.
“With the right technology and services in place, businesses of all sizes can consolidate standalone equipment, improve the bottom line and accelerate the move to color,” said Tim Williams, president, Xerox Office Group. “These products outclass the competition with superior speed, scanning capabilities, ease of use — providing exceptional value from the small business up to the enterprise.”
Xerox’s launched “systems offering a range of scanning, finishing and security options as well as advanced features such as automated meter reads and supplies ordering.”
– The WorkCentre Pro C2128, C2636 and C3545 are advanced color MFPs that combine high-performance printing, copying, scanning and faxing into one convenient office system. The WorkCentre Pro C2128, C2636 and C3545 color multifunction systems offer affordable, high-quality color output with the facility of a black-and-white device, starting at a list price of $12,995. They have speeds of 28 page-per-minute (ppm) to 45 ppm in black-and-white and 21 ppm to 35 ppm in color, a 733 MHz IntelÆ CeleronÆ printing processor, two 18GB hard disks, and a first-page-out time of 6.1 seconds for black-and-white and 8.5 seconds for color.
– The WorkCentre Pro 123 and 128 are advanced monochrome MFPs that deliver enterprise-level scanning and finishing features designed for small to mid-sized businesses. The WorkCentre Pro 123 and 128 monochrome multifunction systems, operate at 23 and 28 pages per minute respectively. They offer best-in-class scanning, media handling and copying starting at a list price of $10,289. All WorkCentre and WorkCentre Pro models come standard with 1,200 x 1,200 dpi print resolution and use Xerox’s patented emulsion aggregation (EA) Toner, which standardizes the size and shape of toner particles so customers’ prints and copies have sharper image quality and fine line text.
– SMART eSolutions is a suite of value added software that simplifies the administration of Xerox devices on the network. The first two SMART eSolutions offerings are a MeterAssistant(tm), that automatically calculates and reports the number of prints or copies produced on an MFP via hands-free data transmission process, and a SuppliesAssistant(tm) that automatically orders additional supplies such as toner cartridges as needed making sure clients never run out. SMART eSolutions Client is also available as an integrated feature of Xerox’s award winning CentreWare Web device management software or can be easily downloaded as a standalone feature. Xerox allows customers to choose the business process that best fits their environment.
Xerox’s FreeFlow SMARTsend software will be available on all WorkCentre Pro products. This software converts, distributes and routes scanned documents in any format to e-mail, desktop, network file server, document management system, mailboxes or fax which allows workers to operate effortlessly between paper and digital operations.
Security is a priority in today’s business, and Xerox offers a host of standard and optional security features on the WorkCentre and WorkCentre Pro products. Some features include: Image Overwrite Protection deletes images on the system’s hard drive immediately or on demand; Network authentication restricts access to scan, e-mail, and network fax features; Secure Print and Secure Fax hold jobs until an authorized user releases them for printing.
As with any product, the bottom line is “the bottom line.” List pricing for the WorkCentre Pro color advanced multifunction systems start at $12,995 and $11,495 for the CopyCentre color copiers; list pricing for the WorkCentre black and white copier/printers start at $5,719 and $4,399 for the CopyCentre digital copiers.
Xerox will begin taking orders for all systems in North America and soon after in Europe and other markets. SMART eSolutions and FreeFlow SMARTsend will be available in December. Sales, service and leasing are offered through the Xerox direct sales force, authorized sales agents, dealers, and TeleWeb sales channels.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016