ZD Net, CMP media and others have been producing events for a long time. Events are not easy to do as you’ve got to market to get attendees, find sponsors and then manage the entire logistics of the event itself.
Virtual expositions, is one method ZD is trying. Virtual sounds nice, but in realit, nothing beats face to face interaction like found at a real life expo.
The press release reads: Ziff Davis Media’s eSeminars Group, which is part of Ziff Davis Internet, announced today that its first-ever Security Virtual Trade Show has seen explosive growth in registrants; nearly 3,500 senior-level technology executives registered for the event. The virtual trade show will bring together the industry’s top IT security experts and companies through a series of keynote presentations, panel discussions and interactive sponsor booths. The event will available by registering online at http://www.securityshow.eseminarslive.com/ from November 30 to December 1, 2004.
A dozen of the security technology’s leading companies will demonstrate their commitment to security technology and have signed as sponsors and speakers for the event. Symantec, Pitney Bowes, Nortel Networks, St. Bernard Software, Proofpoint, AEP Systems and a host of other top companies will share their industry know-how and showcase the latest security technology products and services in a real-time setting in the show’s interactive trade show booths. Sponsors will have an opportunity to participate in 45-minute live vendor presentations, create on-demand product demos, distribute literature and links to educate attendees and generate valuable real-time sales leads.
“This tradeshow represents Ziff Davis’ commitment to further innovate in the field of educational webcasting targeting the IT industry,” Kristin Holmes, Executive Director, eSeminars. “The interest that has been expressed thus far by the volume of registrants, quality of speakers and sponsors is a testament to the willingness of the marketplace to accept new online mediums. We’re excited to bring this product to market and help our clients reach their most important potential customers.”
The virtual tradeshow will begin each day with a keynote presentation focused on the most relevant topics surrounding IT security such as cyber crime, identity theft, spam, network security and wireless threats. These seminars will feature industry luminaries, analyst groups and Ziff Davis’ own editorial experts. Each keynote seminar will be one hour in length and include a 20-minute question and answer period from the audience. ZDM will organize three panel discussions each day in addition to the keynotes and three vendor tracks by our sponsors.
The list of keynote presenters and esteemed panelists include:
– Dan Larkin, Unit Chief of the Internet Crime Complaint Center for the
– Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple Computer and Founder, Chairman and
CEO of Wheels of Zeus
– David Cohen, Founder and former Chairman of the Wi-Fi Alliance
– Richard Stiennon, Vice President of Threat Research for Webroot
– Jonathan Penn, Principal Analyst, Identity & Security for Forrester
– Bill Malik, Vice President, Technology Research for Aberdeen Group
– Chris Thatcher, National Practice Leader for Dimension Data
– Christopher Painter, Deputy Chief of the Computer Crime & Intellectual
Property Section, U.S. Department of Justice
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Creative Ideas to Boost Your Local Marketing Campaigns - December 11, 2017
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017