Internet service provider (ISP), EarthLink (NASDAQ:ELNK), has introduced EarthLink VPN, a new Virtual Private Network (VPN) for its business high-speed customers. The new VPN will enable businesses to manage secure connectivity for traveling workforces, teleworkers and remote offices.
Earthlink’s press release reads – EarthLink offers both client-based and Web-based VPN solutions to meet the varying needs of its business customers. The EarthLink VPNLink client gives any designated, remote computer full network access, allowing the user to seamlessly share files and applications with co-workers. It is also interchangeable with EarthLink’s VPN WebLink, which enables employees to get secure remote network access while offsite from any computer with an Internet connection. Service plans start as low as $100 per month billed on a subscription basis. EarthLink VPN is powered by Positive Networks ( www.positivenetworks.com ), a leading provider of managed remote access services.
“EarthLink VPN provides small- and medium-sized companies a secure, remote access solution that keeps employees connected at home or on the road,” said Kevin Brand, EarthLink vice president of product management. “The new service also provides valuable end point security features and protection tools so IT managers can ensure that their company’s network is protected, and mission critical systems are not compromised.”
With EarthLink VPN mobile workers can securely access corporate network resources such as file shares, servers, and network and client based applications, along with utilizing other corporate tools such as email and the company’s Intranet.
Positive Network’s technology makes EarthLink VPN easy for IT managers to maintain by empowering them to:
– Scale from a few, to a few thousand, users
– Centrally manage all policies relating to security, resource controls
and end-user experience
– Constantly monitor PCs and laptops to ensure complete end-point
– Detect, in real time, virus infections, firewall changes, spyware
applications or other vulnerabilities, and provide automated support to
restore policy compliance
– Automatically deploy or make available new updates such as anti-virus
or critical Microsoft Windows(R) patches to maximize end-point security
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Perspective. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016