Since many small businesses start out (or stay) in a home office environment, I thought to inform you about some recent research from In Stat about home media networking. And although this is a “consumer” focused report, there are implications for business.
With technical standards development and consumer education challenges for vendors still looming large but becoming less burdensome, media networking will continue to grow rapidly through 2009, reports In-Stat (http://www.in-stat.com). Total media networking connections in homes will grow from over 50 million in 2005 to over 200 million in 2009, a 29% compound annual growth rate, the high-tech research firm says. Much of the growth will be driven by PC vendors, who are rolling out Media Center PCs that fit the living room in terms of style and function.
A recent report by In-Stat found the following:
* The Media Center PCs are still considered premium consumer PCs, but In-Stat expects that their media hub features will become standard on almost all PCs within the next three years.
* Despite the market’s growth, many technical issues will continue to persist. For example, the next-generation wireless standard, 802.11n, has not been finished and will not be complete until 2006.
* Outside of the technical readiness of the standards enabling media networking, there is still the need to create the awareness and demand for these products among end users
The report, “Media Networking 2005: The Networked Living Room Becomes a Reality” (#IN0501962RC),forecasts the worldwide market for media networking devices by installed base, units shipped, revenue, and PHY connections. It also includes an examination of media network standards and vendor profiles. To purchase this report, or formore information, please visit
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018