Corel is releasing its very good Word Perfect Mail product as a stand alone product instead of only bundling it with Word Perfect Office.
The standalone email client provides fast, Web-speed email search and is an alternative to Microsoft Office Outlook. This is a good move by Corel, BUT the FREE Mozilla Thunderbird is going to give Corel VERY BIG competition. Thunderbird is FREE and GOOD and so Thunderbird is what many will turn to if they don’t want Microsoft Outlook.
Word Perfect Mail is based on the technology that powered the Bloomba email program from Stata Labs, now owned by Yahoo!. WordPerfect MAIL makes it easy for any user to quickly import email, folders and contacts from other leading email programs such as Microsoft Outlook and Eudora.
For more information on WordPerfect MAIL, or to access special download-only pricing, please visit www.wordperfect.com/mail.
A 30-day trial version of WordPerfect MAIL is available online at www.wordperfect.com/mail.
Corel writes – Supporting both POP3 and IMAP email protocols, and unlike competing offerings, WordPerfect MAIL is specifically designed for use on individual desktops¬?without an expensive in-house email server. For small businesses or home PC users that depend on email to communicate, stay informed and manage their time effectively, WordPerfect MAIL is designed to help users reduce the two biggest problems that afflict most email clients: email overload and spam.With astonishing speed and accuracy, WordPerfect MAIL’s search capabilities can find information buried in the furthest corner of email folders, calendars or contact lists, at speeds dozens of times faster than competing products. WordPerfect MAIL also helps keep email inboxes clean and organized with innovative filing capabilities and spam protection.
“The addition of WordPerfect MAIL to the Corel product family supports WordPerfect Office’s position as the only truly viable alternative to Microsoft Office,” said Richard Carriere, General Manager for Office Productivity at Corel. “With the addition of a world-class email client, Corel is advancing its commitment to consumers and small businesses. No other office suite vendor offers value-priced products for consumers and small businesses that are as comprehensive and easy to use as those offered by Corel.”
Carriere continued: “The technology behind WordPerfect Mail was originally conceived with a question: Why is it you can find anything on the Internet, but you can’t find an e-mail you sent last week? With that question in mind, Stata Labs developed Bloomba, the world’s first search-based email program. Now the same outstanding email experience is available thanks to WordPerfect MAIL.”
“Today we’re seeing an increasing number of inquiries from customers seeking value-priced software alternatives, and this has been Corel’s sweet spot. Until now, there hasn’t been an alternative to Microsoft Outlook that consumers and small businesses could choose knowing that it is value-priced, widely available and reliably supported,” said Ray Gedeon, Vice President – Corporate Marketing at Softmart. “WordPerfect MAIL fulfills a clear customer demand for an alternative email client, offering a product that’s incredibly fast, easy to use and which can easily replace Outlook in the email role without disrupting users’ work-all with the support of the trusted WordPerfect name.”
Search Email at the Speed of Life
The marquee feature of the new WordPerfect MAIL is its incredibly fast and comprehensive search capabilities. While Web searches take fractions of a second via search engines, searching email can be excruciatingly slow. Now, WordPerfect MAIL searches large in-boxes, folders, calendars, contacts lists and even attachments, and finds information using technology that has been clocked at more than an order of magnitude faster than leading email clients.
In addition to its industry-leading search speed, WordPerfect MAIL provides all the email capabilities expected by consumers and small businesses, plus more:
* Email – WordPerfect MAIL provides the expected straightforward tools for composing, managing and viewing email messages, and also allows users to manage multiple accounts.
* RSS Management – WordPerfect MAIL allows users to manage their RSS feeds in the same application as their email and calendar information, providing an easy tool to file and share RSS information.
* Calendars – The calendar window lets users schedule events with ease and the convenient Date Picker lets users quickly consult the calendar at a glance from within the Mail window.
* Contact Management – The Contact Manager lets users create, edit and manage contacts, import contacts from other email programs and create distribution lists. Categories provide an efficient way to manage contacts and contact lists.
* Spam Protection – To protect users from junk email, WordPerfect MAIL harnesses the power of industry-leading anti-spam application SA Proxy Pro. SA Proxy Pro uses a five-point protection system to block spam, learning from stored email to filter incoming emails and scanning incoming email to minimize the amount of spam reaching users’ inboxes.
Pricing and Availability
Starting today, WordPerfect MAIL will be available as a standalone offering for at a suggested retail price (SRP) of $69 US/$89 CDN, or for as little as $29 US/$34 CDN when purchased along with any other WordPerfect Office product from Corel.com. Eligible products include WordPerfect Office 12 – Standard Edition, WordPerfect Office 12 – Professional Edition, WordPerfect Office 12 – Student and Teacher Edition and WordPerfect Office 12 – Home Edition.
WordPerfect MAIL is also available as a component of Corel’s new comprehensive productivity package for small business, WordPerfect Office 12 – Small Business Edition. For more information on WordPerfect Office 12 – Small Business Edition, please visit www.wordperfect.com/smallbiz.
WordPerfect MAIL will also be available from premier resellers including Amazon.com, ASAP, Buy.com, CDW, eCost.com, PC Connection, Softchoice, Software House International, Softmart and Software Spectrum.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Blockchain Is The New Hype Machine Small Businesses Should Ignore - May 19, 2018
- 5 Technologies every Entrepreneur Should Invest In - May 16, 2018
- How Has Technology Impacted Your Business? - May 14, 2018