In the office you have your IT person/office or a consultant who can help you install, maintain, support and secure your network. When you get home it’s often just you and your cat to deal with network security and support issues.
While there’s many separate solutions for security (Symantec, McAfee, and others) and hardware (Cisco, Linksys, etc) you might find yourself going between various vendors for support and solutions.
Sereniti Home Network Service provides one source for unlimited technical support, parental controls and an integrated security software suite, all of which can be used on multiple PCs across a network, without any additional cost. Tech support is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and the software includes firewalls, virus and spyware protection in addition to advanced parental controls.
With the Sereniti Home Network Service, Sereniti claims that it’s easy to set up a home computer network and make all the components in the network work together, while having tech support help available at any time. The service is designed for the growing number of homes with broadband Internet access that have one or more devices connected, such as PCs, printers or network attached storage.
Two special introductory subscription rates are available though August 31:
Monthly Plan — $99.95 for hardware and activation plus $9.95 per month for service, based on an annual subscription
Annual Plan — $199.95 for hardware, activation and 12 months of service for a two-month savings
The subscription includes a pop-up blocker and automatic updates of anti-spyware and anti-virus software, eliminating the need to purchase and renew such programs for each computer on a network as normally required, producing significant savings.
The following features are included with every subscription and can be used on multiple computers on the network for no additional fee:
* Sereniti Smart Home Gateway, a router that provides connectivity for both wired and wireless devices. The Smart Home Gateway also creates a “blueprint” of a home network, communicates with the Sereniti central support and administration server, and acts as a “traffic cop” for data coming from and going to computers on the network
* Automated discovery and support of Universal Plug and Play, making it easy to control the Gateway and simple to add other devices to the network, including media servers, gaming consoles, network attached storage, network print servers and other peripherals
* No charge 24-hour /7 day a week Help Desk support available via toll-free telephone, email or live on-line dialogue
* Advanced parental controls (time/content/access) that enable parents to restrict Internet access by user name across all PCs on the network, and also to remotely override the controls from any PC anywhere that has Internet access
* Two types of firewalls: a hardware firewall in the Smart Home Gateway and a software firewall that is installed on each PC on the network
* Network management, including remote access to the home network by Sereniti Tech Specialists via the Internet for diagnostics and troubleshooting (with subscriber permission)
* File, data and printer sharing
* Easy setup of port-forwarding for hosting online games and other advanced internet applications such as video chat
* Automatic updates of anti-virus and anti-spyware software for up to four PCs on the network (additional licenses available)
* Command Center, an intuitive graphical user interface that’s truly easy to use
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016