“By the end of the forecast period, VoIP functionality will be integrated into a high percentage of new wireless handsets,” says Norm Bogen, In-Stat analyst. “From a revenue perspective, the IP Phone sub-segment (wireless and wireline combined) represents the smallest revenue market today, but will be the largest one by 2009. This reversal will occur due to high growth in business-oriented IP PBX/hosted PBX phones and dual-mode wireless handsets.”
– VoIP IC revenue on the infrastructure side is growing more slowly than other segments, given extreme price pressure that begins at the service provider level and filters down through VoIP equipment providers to their silicon providers.
– Texas Instruments’ initial dominance of the VoIP IC market is declining even as TI shipments continue to grow. As the market expands, new fabless players are gaining a stronger foothold.
– VoIP equipment providers look to VoIP IC companies to assist in developing the best quality, most cost effective, and power-efficient products. Thus, an understanding of the future market for VoIP ICs must begin by examining various end-user markets.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017
- Why Wix Code Is a Game Changer for Businesses - July 25, 2017
- How Adobe Scan and These 7 Tips Can Make You More Productive - July 25, 2017