Building your web site is pretty easy. There’s dozens of tools (online services and software) you can purchase to do this.
If you decided you want basic, static, web site. Go no further. However, if you want to infuse rich information and content to your audience, a blog is the way to go.
There’s many blogging tools available. Some are similar, some are different but there’s at least one that will meet your needs.
I’ve been using Blogger.com for many years. It’s simple, but effective. However it does not offer the robust features of other services.
Typepad, Word Press and Movabletype are other services – for businesses. MSN, Yahoo and AOL have services as well. I put together a review, for Cnet, for many of these services here.
Allbusiness.com has an extensive review here.
Choosing a blogging platform is only one half of the process. You also have to think about the content of your blog. If you’re only going to do it, once per month – it’s not a “blog”. You should try to add fresh content to your blog on a weekly basis – at a minimum.
Blogging is not hard, but if you want to grow your audience
– provide links to others,
– encourage links from others,
– don’t be afraid to mention your competition,
– use plenty of links,
– write from your heart,
– be honest,
– keep things fun.
Have a nice blog? Let me know about it.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018