As I was thinking of writing this, I thought, how “unfair” it is that Google gets so much media attention for adding email security to its hosted email service when there are so many other companies offering hosted email – with security.
Google bought email security firm Postini some months ago and is now offering its services as part of its corporate email services.
Other companies offering hosted email Blue Tie, MI8 , Webmail.us and others.
Google’s press release reads:
The new security, compliance, policy management, and message recovery services added to Google Apps Premier Edition give customers the ability to:
– Set configurable spam and virus filtering that are customized for the nature of the business, complementing the spam and virus filters already included in Google Apps.
– Centrally manage all outbound content policy, including adding footers to every message based on business policy rules, blocking messages with specific keywords or attachments, and preventing emails with sensitive company information from being sent.
– Create, manage, and report on policies that apply to user groups or individual users.
– Give administrators the option of visibility into all email within their organization for the purposes of compliance.
– Restore messages inadvertently deleted in the last 90 days.
Additional improvements to Google Apps Premier Edition include:
A new email routing feature (also available in Google Apps Education Edition) that allows organizations to run Google Apps alongside another email solution. Using email routing, administrators can easily run a pilot program of Google Apps (without turning off the existing email system), migrate a subset of users to Google Apps, or segregate groups of users onto a separate email solution (such as the legal department, which may be subject to different policies).
An immediate increase in storage to 25 GB per user (up from 10 GB).
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Facebook’s Tools for Mentorship, Hiring and Education - November 14, 2018
- My Experience at a Facebook Community Boost Event - November 12, 2018
- Actress and Entrepreneur Nikki Reed Shares Her Insights on Sustainability, Tech, and Design - November 2, 2018