Email marketing service Constant Contact did a survey recently of more than 2,000 U.S. small business owners which showed that the majority of respondents (53 percent) are concerned about competition from large retailers; yet they’re still optimistic, with 63 percent of them anticipating strong sales this holiday season.
If you want to BOOST holiday sales this year, plan now for how you will market to your existing and prospective customers.
Email marketing is probably one of the most cost effective ways to reach customers, but also remember direct mail using the United States Postal Service and encouraging customer referrals. Word of MOUTH is Powerful.
What are some steps you can do to boost holiday sales using email marketing?
- Segment your list – don’t just have one list but have 2 – 3 (or more) lists for certain types of customers
- Have a well designed newsletter that is not sore on the eyes and that BOOSTS sales
- Ask your readers what they want in your newsletter
Beyond newsletters, make sure you have a VERY good web site. Well designed and with great copy. Read my 10 Web Site Musts
Beth Goldstein’s the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Tool Kit is one resource you should check out as well.
There’s a lot you can do to BOOST sales during the holiday season. It’s not too late to put a plan together.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Leaders Can Build a More Collaborative and Productive Virtual Team - September 15, 2017
- How to Create an Effective and Cohesive Online and Offline Marketing Strategy - September 15, 2017
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017