The NY Times captures some case studies of successful blogging here.
Blogging is useful for two main reasons if done correctly:
- It provides fresh content for your web site which gives your audience of customers or whoever a reason to keep in touch with you. it’s like soft marketing, the same reason for an email newsletter
- The second reason is that search engines give web sites with (good) blog content a higher ranking.
However, the NY Times writes that blogging might not be for every business – Guy Kawasaki, a serial entrepreneur, managing partner of Garage Technology Ventures and a prolific blogger, put it this way: “If you’re a clothing manufacturer or a restaurant, blogging is probably not as high on your list as making good food or good clothes.”
Is blogging for everyone? Yes.
If you have something to say that can add value to what your core product is – blogging is something you should consider.
If you are a construction company, selling socks or a water jug seller a blog is for you as long as you have something of value to say.
In writing about the experience of a lawyer the NY Times writes David Harlow, a lawyer and health care consultant in Boston, said he started his blog, HealthBlawg, as a way of marketing himself after he left a large law firm and opened his own practice. Besides, he said, blogging was easy to get started and the technology was straightforward.
Now, after about two years of blogging, Mr. Harlow said he was pleased with the results. He gets about 200 to 300 visits a day, he said. He has also become a source for publications looking for commentary on regulatory issues in the health care field and has even gained a few clients because of the blog. In addition, he has formed relationships with other legal bloggers (who call themselves blawgers) and consultants around the country.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Ooma Announces DP1 Wireless Deskphone with Call Conferencing and 2-Line Controls for Small Businesses - August 18, 2018
- 5 Tips for Instagram Advertising for Small Businesses - August 17, 2018
- Are Business Plans Necessary to Start a Business? - August 16, 2018