Wendy Piersall, of eMomsatHome.com writes how her notebook computer will not turn on and she fears she’s lost her data. Her entire professional life is on this piece of plastic and metal – but it’s not backed up and frankly – there is NO excuse.
Of course the main things she’s worried about is email. For your business it could be email, financial records, drafted contracts and proposals and more.
Sometimes I wonder how much I should write about a particular topic as I don’t want to bore you. However, clearly many of us are not getting the message. Backup is critical and relatively easy to do. There’s no excuse for not doing it.
Whether you decide to do online backup, computer to computer, or removable media (like a CD or DVD) is really up to you. I interviewed Jennifer Walzer of Backupmyinfo.com about this for an upcoming online video program.
Here are some online backup options:
Mozy (now part of EMC)
It’s easy to do:
- Download the backup software
- Select the files to backup and how often
- Press “ok” (or some other similar command)
Read Wendy’s story about how she lost her data here.
Online backup is not for everyone. There are dozens of very good offline backup solutions as well.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017