If you’re a “nice guy” you might have never given thought to business etiquette. Check out Anna Posts’ Business Etiquette Tip Sheet:
- Webcams: Before hitting accept, think: “Would I go to a meeting like this?” Also, since video-calling is about building more personal relationships, give your full attention to the person you’re speaking with.
- Email: Remember, if you use a work address for personal e-mail, it’s not just your name on that email it’s your company’s, too.
- IM/Chat: Grammar rules still apply. Spell out words in full, and don’t forget to spell check!
- Internet Phone Calls: If not everyone is familiar with using programs such as Skype, ask if they need a little guidance in advance. Have a cheat sheet with some common questions ready to send to them.
- Speakerphone: Before you put someone on speakerphone, you should always ask their permission, and be sure to announce everyone who is in the room.
See her video of business etiquette here.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Blockchain Is The New Hype Machine Small Businesses Should Ignore - May 19, 2018
- 5 Technologies every Entrepreneur Should Invest In - May 16, 2018
- How Has Technology Impacted Your Business? - May 14, 2018