Western Digital recently released a new component in its family of portable hard drives, My Passport Elite Portable USB Drives.
This new drive is a bit softer than other drives which makes it easier to hold and grip.
It’s less than 5 ounces, holds 320 or 250 GB and requires no external power adapter. Perfect as an accessory for your beach clothing. Cost is 250 GB ($169.99) and 320 GB ($199.99).
What got me thinking, was that as more and more of us store our data online and/or use online backup solutions (HP’s Upline is very good, and Carbonite works splendidly) is there still a need for mobile external storage? [Pause] The answer is yes.
Portable hard drives
- enable you to backup data when there is no Internet access
- enable you to store large files separate from your hard disk – saving space
- give you an alternative form of backup
- allows you to carry you ENTIRE hard disk with you and use any other computer – if needed
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- You’ve Been Fired. How To Start Your Own Business - December 3, 2018
- Make Better Presentation Slides With This New Tool. Ramon Reviews Beautiful.ai - November 27, 2018
- Facebook’s Tools for Mentorship, Hiring and Education - November 14, 2018