Social media is growing into a significant part of the marketing, branding and loyalty building strategies for many businesses. Email marketing and web sites are still important – but blogs and other social media tools are becoming critical, especially for small and medium businesses.
There are more than 885,000 small-business blogs worldwide, and 39 percent of the Inc. 500 are blogging– three times that of the Fortune 500, according Bob Pearson, Dell vice president of communities and conversations, speaking at the Inc. 500/5000 conference in Washington, D.C.
Dell has joined with Facebook to launch a community and guide series called ‘Social Media for Small Business’ intended to provide SMB customers with insight on how they can leverage social media to expand their business. The community has been created as a Facebook Page and includes:
- Guides on how to use blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, “crowdsourcing” and other social media channels to cost-effectively reach and serve the “Connected Era;”
- “Screencast” introductions to social-media tools like Technorati, Netvibes and WordPress;
- A discussion board to spark conversation and idea sharing;
- A best-practice forum that features a different SMB weekly;
- SMB deals and news from Dell Small and Medium Business.
Laura Leites, Assistant Editor, Smallbiztechnology.com
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016