One of the biggest threats to profitability for most businesses is theft – by customers, partners, guests and employees. A frequently cited statistic from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that theft by employees costs American companies $20 billion to $40 billion a year. One way to minimize loss is by using video surveillance to catch thieves in the act and to discourage stealing in the first place.
Cisco recently introduced a new wireless internet camera under its Linksys brand that is geared toward small business users. The Wireless-G PTZ (Pan, Tilt and Zoom) Internet Camera with Audio (WVC210) sends live video through the Internet to be viewed in a web browser.
- The wireless WVC210 mounts on a desktop or wall-mount, allowing small business owners to monitor and protect their premises remotely with live streaming video and two-way audio, and receive real-time email alerts when motion is detected.
- Small business owners can use the WVC210 camera as a physical security solution for loss prevention, safety and security, and remote monitoring of high traffic and high value areas such as point-of-sale, front lobbies, delivery docks and main entryways. It features enhanced low-light performance, ideal for warehouse, office or night shooting.
- Bundled with the camera is the LBAVMS16 video monitoring system software….supporting the simultaneous monitoring, recording and management of 16 cameras from its monitoring console. The software works with any of the compatible Linksys by Cisco Business Series Surveillance Products.
Laura Leites, Assistant Editor, Smallbiztechnology.com
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018