PC vendors regularly refresh their product line. Well for that matter all manufacturers of “things” refresh their product lines – cars, airplanes, software, furniture, etc. Some products, like cars, we annually schlep to some auto show to see what’s new. For other products, we hold onto them for as long as we can before buying a new one.
Desktop computers, for example, unless it’s a new Mac, is there really any excitement? Maybe.
In mid October Dell released a refreshment to its line of Dell Vostro computers. Some of the new features include:
- Refined industrial design with a glossy front;
- Greater convenience through redesigned optical drive bays;
- Increased internal storage capacity with one terabyte hard drives offering up to 4 terabytes of internal storage in the Vostro 420;
- The Vostro 420 high-performance system also offers dual display capability, and more expandability and flexibility with 10 total USB ports and seven total PCI/PCIe expansion slots for more network, sound or graphics cards.
One of the most useful features you’ll find is a Dell FlexDock with which you can insert a portable USB hard drive into your desktops 3.5” bay. Quickly back-up and transfer your data or take your critical files with you, with this conveniently sized hard drive.
Dell’s been listening to its customers and you’ll find – surprisingly – that the new Vostro’s have PS/2 ports. Many of you use USB mice and keyboards, but clearly there’s enough of you that are still using “legacy” hardware which require PS/2 ports.
Whether you decide an HP, Dell or Lenovo should be your next computer. You can look with excitement at some of the new models coming out.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Persepctive. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016