Smart investment in IT solutions for your business can actually help a small business make more money. IT is also an area where sometimes small changes can yield big savings.
CDW has put together some money-saving IT tips for small businesses, which are sharing in a series of 5 parts. Here is the fourth set of tips:
Networking and communications:
- Consider web-managed switches (smart switches) offering many features of managed switches at close to unmanaged switch prices.
- Avoid the cost of dropping cables by equipping your office with a wireless (802.11 Wi-Fi) network.
- Add to office productivity by saving staff the time and hassle of having to delete unwanted e-mail by using anti-spam filtering software.
- Switch your phone service to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and save nearly 40% on local calls and as much as 90% on international calling.
- Save about 40 percent in cabling costs for new buildings by using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for telephone service.
- Use the same staffer for network, data and telephone setup and maintenance by switching to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone services.
- When appropriate, use Skype for collaboration (conference calling), especially for international calls.
- Use audio, video and multimedia conferencing and collaboration software and web services as an alternative to expensive travel.
- Instead of file servers, use lower-powered, lower cost and easier-to-administer Networked Attached Storage (NAS) appliances.
- If you have a lot of files, consider de-duplication software to reduce space demands and eliminate the need to purchase extra storage.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016