Over the past several weeks we’ve been sharing a series of tips from CDW’s small business team on how companies can save money on their IT systems. Today we present the final set of tips, which focus on printing. Be sure to check out the past tips at the links below.
- Use multifunction printers (MFPs) combining copy, print, scan and fax functions to eliminate having to purchasing individual devices.
- Consider a color printer for small print runs to save the time and cost of using an outside print shop.
- Multifunction printer (MFPs), single machines offering copy, print, scan and fax functionality, can help save money on print consumables (paper, toner, etc.).
- Multifunction printers (MFPs), providing multiple functionality, take up a small footprint thereby saving office space and possibly cost.
- Networked multifunction printers (MFPs), strategically located to a workgroup, can help save money by eliminating the need to purchase extra printers.
- Use printer management software to limit the use of more costly color printing to designated individuals, time of day, etc.
- Save on paper by promoting 2-up (two page images per side) and duplex (both sides of the paper) printing as well as the reuse of sheets.
- Save on paper by having the staff print only the pages of documents and web sites that they need.
- Consider non-brand printer consumables; recycle used cartridges; and look for rebates and other price reductions.
- Small energy efficient print servers can reduce power use and take up less space, compared to older, larger print servers.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Creative Ideas to Boost Your Local Marketing Campaigns - December 11, 2017
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017