You’ve got until next Monday March 23rd to enter Intuit’s latest contest – and all you need to do to enter is share your experiences and survival tips with other small business owners… which you probably do already. Details from the press release below, plus offers for some free Intuit software and services.
Intuit Encouraging Small Businesses to Help Each Other
America’s entrepreneurial spirit is stronger – and more united – than ever, according to Intuit’s recent study. Nine out of 10 small business owners surveyed said they rely on peers for support and advice. Fifty-one percent of small business owners said they feel a special bond or connection with other small business owners, while 53 percent believe they can learn from their peers’ mistakes and successes.
Tapping into this sense of community, Intuit is providing a way for small businesses to win up to $25,000 by sharing their success stories and advice.
Entrants simply go to www.smallbusinessunited.com to share their experiences and survival tips. Judges will select 50 finalists to receive $5,000 and a Pure Digital Flip Video™ camcorder. These finalists are eligible to supplement their story with a video that will be posted on the site for public viewing and voting. This group will be narrowed down to four first prize winners, who will each receive $10,000 plus $2,500 worth of Intuit products. The grand prize winner will receive $25,000 and $2,500 worth of Intuit products and services. Entries are due by March 23 and finalists will be selected by April 1. Winners will be announced in May.
Free Small Business Software and Services
As part of its stimulus package, Intuit will give away both totally free and special offers of its best-selling solutions that help small businesses address their most critical problems: better managing their finances, getting more customers, paying their employees accurately and on time, and more:
The offerings, available at www.smallbusinessunited.com, include:
- Totally Free Software: Save money with accounting software: Based on customer surveys, 70 percent of QuickBooks users say that using QuickBooks helps them be more profitable, and agree that it helps them get paid faster. QuickBooks Simple Start Free Edition lets users easily track money coming in and money going out. The downloadable software is easy to set up and use, and also helps businesses get ready for tax time.
- Free Year: Get more customers with free Web sites: Intuit research shows that while less than half of small businesses have a Web site, more than 95 percent want one. The Intuit Website service lets businesses quickly set up professional-looking websites to attract more customers. The package, free for the first year, includes award-winning Web site-building software with easy point and click features and design templates, Web hosting, and toll-free phone support seven days a week. Charges after the first year start at only $4.99 per month.
- Free Six Months: Save time with free payroll service: To help small businesses accurately run payroll – and avoid costly mistakes and penalties – the Intuit Online Payroll service is available for free for six months and only $9.95 per month after that for new users, a savings of more than $300 per year. Simply enter employees’ hours and run payroll with just a few clicks.
- Free Service: Get incorporated with free incorporation services: With more entrepreneurs entering the market from other jobs that are no longer available, Intuit is offering free incorporation and LLC formation services from MyCorporation, an Intuit company, until July 31, 2009.
- Free Six Months: Get paid faster with free credit card processing: Finding more ways to help small businesses get paid and maintain cash flow, Intuit is offering credit card processing services free for six months through Intuit QuickBooks Online Terminal. Transaction fees still apply.
- Free Download: Manage cash flow with free retail management software: To maximize profits by tracking sales and customers, Intuit is offering its recently announced retail software, QuickBooks Cash Register Plus, as a free download, a $300 value.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017