I’ve been using HP’s Mini netbook and what I still find most difficult about it (and all netbooks I presume) is that the keyboard and screen are too small for me.
As I discussed with Jim Louderback in a recent interview about mobile computing, when buying mobile technology (or any technology) what works for me, might not work for you and what works for you might not work for me.
With this in mind, I recently heard from Corel about the release of Corel Home Office, which is a light, and low cost ($70) suite of word processor, presentation software and spreadsheet that Corel feels is perfect for the growing market of netbooks.
Netbooks, unlike notebook or desktop computers have reduced processing power so that the battery can last longer, the netbook not generate so much heat, be low cost and keep the physical dimensions of the entire netbook smaller.
The foot print of Corel Home Office is small enough to load onto a USB key (the installation file is only 113MB).
Some of features in Corel Home Office, you might find useful in Corel Home Office are:
- Sleek and simple interface: Easily access the tools and features you use most
- File compatibility and document sharing: With extensive file format support (including Microsoft Office) and the ability to create PDFs in all three applications
- Customization: Netbook owners can use manual or auto configuration options to easily adjust their settings and maximize screen real estate
Bob O’Donnell, Program Vice President for IDC said that As consumers continue to make mini-notebooks (aka netbooks) the most popular PCs on the market, they’re going to be looking for software that really maximizes their experience on that computer. Software vendors need to create solutions that not only address this market segment’s functional needs, but also match their lowered price expectations.
He’s right, but I’m sure he’ll also agree that as more netbooks come with built in broadband internet access the need for traditional software, even software as light as Corel Home Office, will be less, and more businesses and consumers will use online applications.
Do you miss Corel Word Perfect, you can get it here.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Getting Funding Is Important. Smarter Loans Is A Service that Can Help - March 21, 2018
- Using Videos Effectively in Your Sales Process – A Guide. - March 19, 2018
- The Three Most-Overlooked Digital Marketing Hacks Small-Businesses Forget To Utilize - March 18, 2018