Finding an expert in marketing, sales or web development is relatively easy. You can ask friends and colleagues. Freelance marketplaces, such as Elance, make it easy, as well.
However, there’s a lot of expertise needed for businesses who are using more web based applications.
Think of Zoho‘s platform (CRM, database, and so much more). It’s not nearly as popular as iPhone or Office, but Zoho has carved out a loyal and popular niche of businesses who use its dozen or so applications. Growing businesses need experts who can develop and manage Zoho based businesses.
What about Facebook? The person who built your web site might not be the person who can develop a custom Facebook application for you.
Recognizing this, Elance has created certified membership groups to enable you to further narrow down experts you might need.
Maybe you use ooVoo, an Internet based telecommunication service competing with Skype. You can find experts on Elance as well.
As companies release new products, and as businesses start to use them, whether it be Google Docs or Microsoft Office Live or something else you’ll want to ensure you work with proven experts.
Elance writes that its groups will act as micro-sites on the Elance platform – connecting businesses to professionals that are experts in a particular area. Companies can set admission criteria such as skill tests and certifications for their specific groups. Why is this important?
- First, it demonstrates that businesses of all sizes are on board and recognizing the value of hiring talent online
- It also helps streamline the time consuming process it takes for businesses trying to search for people with specialized IT talents (IT professionals continue to be highest in demand on Elance).
- And because Microsoft and other partners involved with this initiative “certify” these IT professionals, it in turn helps freelancers more effectively market themselves (Elance freelancers with tested skills are 33 percent more likely to win projects than those from providers without tested skills).
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016