Most smaller businesses consider email marketing as a one size fits all solution.
This means you have your traditional email newsletter and you dutifully send it out on a regular basis. And that’s it.
However, in the same way that every successful business needs an evolving business plan (my hat’s off to Tim Barry the father of business plan software) to get good email marketing results, you need a well thought out business plan for email marketing.
If you want to INCREASE the impact of your email marketing. Clickz.com writer Stephanie Miller writes:
- Have a business goal in mind so that response drives value to the bottom line.
- Think, “What will I give to get response (and sales)?”
- Treat e-mail addresses with respect. Send only what you promised and be thoughtful about the offers and news content.
- Capture e-mail addresses everywhere you meet customers – in person, at events, over the telephone, on your Web site, and during the purchase process.
- Always give a compelling reason to sign up (e.g., great deals, business or personal tips, links to cool content).
I know one of the message email marketing company, Campaigner, has been drumming home is the aspect of email list segmentation – to BOOST response rates.
In another article, Clickz writer, Jeanniey Mullen writes that beyond email marketing, you also must be conscientious of the “regular” emails your sales, support, marketing and PR teams send to individual customers or groups of customers. Those emails you send about product delays, apologies for mixed shipments and etc. All of them can do their part in conveying important messages to customers, beyond the main intent of the email message.
She writes that “…whether you like it or not, every e-mail you send is being evaluated in three ways: as a service statement, a marketing message, and a PR statement about your company.”
Good Email Marketing Requires a Business Plan
Every Public Email Is A Business Opportunity
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Perspective. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016