For most of us, our cell phones are one of the most important devices we have. We’d rather have a cell phone than a computer in many cases.
However, our cell phone has a very limited battery. For my HTC Ozone it lasts from about 6:00am until around 7 or 8pm then it’s on one of the last bars. Not bad, but hey, maybe I want it to last longer.
Here’s 6 things you can do, from the NY Times to make your batter last longer:
- Reconsider Your Network – the network you’re on affects battery life
- Dim the screen – your bright screen sucks battery life
- Stop searching – every time your phone is searching for a network (Bluetooh, WiFi or etc) it’s draining battery life
- Skip a generation – the more evolved your phone’s network is (as in 3G) the more juice it’ll take
- Check mail manually – checking mail every second drains battery life
- Turn everything off – turning everything off will definitely extend battery life (underground in a meeting? your phone’s fancy features are of little use)
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018
- 7 Steps to Creating Your Own Startup - September 13, 2018