Email marketing is one of the easiest ways to reach your customers. But at the same time, to get the MOST ROI on your campaigns you need to really pay attention to your reports, subject lines, design and many other small, but important details.
Campaigner, which powers Smallbiztechnology.com’s email newsletter, Vertical Response and Constant Contact are three leading email marketing services.
In the past several weeks they’ve all upgraded their email marketing services to some degree.
What does this mean for you?
This means that on a regular basis you should take the time to go through the upgrades so you a) are better familiar with the new interface and b) know what new features have been rolled out that you can take advantage of.
Vertical Response’s new features include:
- A new streamlined email creation process: with fewer clicks and a faster
- An intuitive and easy to use Email Wizard: with drag and drop formatting and inline editing which provides more control over the design of your email
- Custom pre-built templates for a variety of industries: professionally designed templates are available for easy customization
- Image editing with Picnik: VerticalResponse has integrated with Google’s world-class image editing app for powerful editing features
- Google Analytics integration: for tracking and reporting on open rates and click-throughs on links within emails, so SMBs can see when customers are engaging with their emails
- Flexible pricing: Send unlimited emails as low as $10 per month OR a pay as you go option, which costs about a penny per email
- A new user interface that allows even easier creation of new email campaigns and sign-up forms that help small businesses build their opt-in mailing lists;
- A redesigned email editor that resembles the interface of Microsoft® Word, making it quick to learn and use;
- The ability to import contacts directly from Microsoft Excel;
- A full-screen email editing mode that makes it easier to see the overall look of the piece;
- An integrated image library that allows users to drag and drop graphics into the email or contacts merge fields;
- A spell check that quickly identifies potential misspellings and alternative spellings;
- New formatting tools, including the ability to paste directly from Microsoft Word without issues;
- Additional online help, with a searchable help system and easy-to-follow “how-to” tutorials built right into the product.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017