.CO Pitch Contest
Enter by June 14, 2010
Pitch your idea for a new business, blog or website and you could win $50,000 and the ideal .CO web address to make it a reality.
Grand Prize is $25,000 in cash, $25,000 in web design/development services and 1 ideal .CO web address. Runners Up win $500 in cash and 1 ideal .CO web address.
BigCommerce $35,000 E-commerce Makeover Contest
Enter by June 15, 2010
Small business owners can enter the contest by posting a 60-second video to YouTube with the tags “ecommerce contest” and “bigcommerce” – videos should articulate why the contestant should be chosen to win and other relevant information about their business.
The grand prize includes:
* Professional store redesign and migration of the store to BigCommerce
* BigCommerce diamond store, with two-year free subscription
* Two-year MailChimp email marketing subscription
* One-year Fan Appz Pro license for social media marketing
* Google AdWords audit from ROI Revolution
* Online sales and marketing program consulting from Sales Rescue Team
* Significant promotion for the winner’s business and other opportunities.
Four runners-up will receive a two-year BigCommerce gold license and other promotional opportunities
Routes to Market Survey and Raffle
Enter by June 23, 2010
SmallBizTechnology is teaming up with the SMB Group and Hubspot to conduct a new survey to find out more about how small and medium businesses go about making buying decisions for software and service technology solutions. The results from the survey will be better understanding of these topics and how social media is influencing the decision process.
Please take a few minutes to provide us with your valuable insights and opinions. You can complete the survey online in about 15 minutes. In return, you’ll receive a report that summarizes the key findings of the survey, and be entered in a raffle with the chance to win an Apple iPad Tablet (grand prize) or a $50 Amazon Gift Cards (eight lucky survey participants). Click here to participate.
Entrepreneurial Winning Women
Enter by June 30, 2010
Are you a woman entrepreneur with big plans?
Do you have the vision and passion for growing your company?
Do you know a woman entrepreneur on her way to creating a market-leading company of tomorrow?
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneurial Winning Women program is seeking a select group of women entrepreneurs to join an elite network of the country’s best entrepreneurs and high-growth companies and participate in a customized program designed to:
* Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital among selected venture capital and private equity firms
* Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues on business strategies and practices tailored to high-growth companies
* Provide informal, one-to-one guidance and support
* Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow and scale their companies through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs who can serve as role models, coaches and mentors
* Increase national and regional visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media
National Small Business “Comeback” Contest
Enter by June 30, 2010
It’s no secret that it’s been tough out there for American small business owners lately. But this isn’t the first time we’ve hit a rough patch – as a group, we’ve had it bad before, and we’ve always bounced back stronger than ever!
To help, Cortera’s giving away over $10,000 in total prizes for the best small business story! Enter to win the Grand Prize of $3,500 and a year-long Cortera Power membership.
* Submit an entry about a small business you work for, own, or nominate a small business you love.
* Best video entry wins a side-pot prize of $1000!
* Win $500 and a year-long Cortera Expert membership if you’re selected as a runner up.
* Instantly get a free trial membership with Cortera, just for entering!
The contest is being judged by a group of top journalists and other small business experts.
The Shopify Build a Business Contest
Runs January 1 – June 30, 2010
This contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age and starting a new business. To enter you must open a new store on Shopify.com. The winner will be selected based on their two best selling months between January 1st, 2010 and June 30th, 2010. The store with the two best selling months will win $100,000. Achieve the same for your store category and win $5,000 as a runner up prize.
Supreme Studio Makeover Contest
Enter by June 30, 2010
Targeted towards professionals in creative fields, the Supreme Studio Makeover Contest features a prize for larger studios with 11 or more employees valued up to $17,000 and a prize for studios with 1-10 employees valued up to $8,300. Entry information can be found here.
The products featured in the contest include: Maya 2011, Adobe CS5, HP Designjet large format printers, NEC 24” widescreen monitors, and Apple Time Capsule storage units. The Maya 2011 and Adobe CS5 software products only recently became available for ordering.
The Cleantech Open Ideas Competition
Opens for Entries July 2010
The Cleantech Open runs the world’s largest clean technology business competition and we’re looking for the best clean technology ideas from around the world. Just for telling us your idea, you could win a prize package of services worth $100,000 to help you start a business to grow your idea! Winners of each individual National Competition, get to represent your country as a Global IDEAS finalist at the annual Cleantech Open Awards Gala on November 16, 2010 in San Francisco.
There, your idea will be presented in a five-minute pitch in front of a crowd of 3,000 investors, entrepreneurs, sponsoring companies, corporations, members of academia, press, and others interested in hearing your ideas and getting involved.
The crowd will vote via text message for the “People’s Choice” and you could win $100,000 in marketing support, legal advising, conferencing services and more to help launch your business!
The competition will open in July 2010. Sign up to receive our newsletter to get updates.
Acqua Essay Contest
Enter by July 2, 2010
Tell us how you would take advantage of new Windows 7 Professional for your small business and get a chance to win a technology makeover.
Tampa Bay Small Business Jumpstart
Enter by July 30, 2010
Have you put off starting your own business because you don’t have the start-up capital or know enough about marketing, accounting and other business skills to turn your passion into your own company?
Then you’re in luck because you have the chance to win a full suite of business services valued at over $20,000 from some of the biggest names in Tampa — all you need is an idea and the drive to be successful!
iNGie Award from Cabinet NG
Enter by August 15, 2010
Cabinet NG will recognize our customers who have best used CNG-SAFE software products to improve their bottom line and at the same time operate their businesses in a more environmentally friendly manner. “iNGie” awards will be presented at the 2010 Collaborate Conference in Huntsville (dates and location to be announced soon).
* The first 20 companies to apply receive 2 free passes to 2010 Conference in Huntsville (approximately $500 value).
* Winners get a $1,000 credit which can be applied toward annual maintenance or CNG products.
* Winners will also receive an Amazon Kindle™.
* Recognition at the 2010 Conference dinner.
Award categories and online applications can be found here.
2010 Leading Moms in Business
Enter by August 31, 2010
The 2010 StartupNation Leading Moms in Business competition will rank the top 200 mom-run businesses across America as determined by popular vote.
Over the next few months, it’ll be your daily votes that will tell us who deserves to be named a winner. The list of the 200 winners will be published in May and will be ranked according to votes accumulated.
If you are putting on a small business contest, award or competition, and want to get the word out to the community, please submit it through our Small Business Event Form (We do not charge a fee to be included in this listing — it is completely free to list your award or contest.)
To find other small business awards, contests, competitions and grants, visit our Small Business Events Calendar.
Please note: The descriptions provided here are for convenience only and are NOT the official rules. ALWAYS read official rules carefully at the site holding the competition, contest or award.
Laura Leites, Managing Editor, Smallbiztechnology.com