I’ve been writing a few blog posts for AT&T’s Lose the Laptop web site and in these posts we cover the wonderful world of “no laptop” in lieu of using a smartphone.
I was at Sprint’s NY launch of the HTC EVO 4G and I must say the phone is powerful, feature rich and overall enables you to do quite a bit when you are out of the office and want to be as productive out of the office as in the office.
In Sprint’s press release some of the features mentioned are: Customer favorites on HTC EVO 4G’s long list of features include the 4.3-inch screen, dual 8MP video camera capable of capturing HD quality and front-facing 1.3MP camera. They also appreciate the HDMI output jack making it simple to start a movie for your children in the backseat of the car with the phone and then connect to an HDTV to finish it when you arrive at home. 1 Business customers highlight its super-fast 1GHz processor, simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G or Wi-Fi coverage areas enabling Web surfing and more during conversation, and built-in mobile hotspot for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices.2
Of course Apple just launched a new iPhone.
What does this mean to your business?
As you consider using more and more mobile technology keep these things in mind:
- Do not buy technology for the sake of buying it – as a fad.
- Buy technology with very specific and strategic reasons.
- You should test technology for a few weeks before rolling it out to all your employees.
- Periodically review your use of technology to know if you are getting the best price, if there are better features in competing technology and to measure how you are using it.
Technology is going to evolve and change. Don’t let these changes lead you. Instead, discipline yourself to leverage technology as a tool, as an asset that you plan for.
Discuss with your IT consultant ways they feel you can better use technology.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017