Egnyte recently announced Egnyte Everywhere, a new mobile suite that allows business users to securely access and share their business files from leading smartphones, including iPhone, Android and Blackberry, as well as the new iPad.
When I read this press release, I thought of all the applications and services such as Dropbox, Carbonite, PC Anywhere, LogmeIn, Box, Dropio and many more that provide remote access to files.
It’s a challenge to know what works best for you and YOUR business. Which features you need and don’t need. The good thing, you have a lot of choice, low cost choices (or at least time to try them out and “taste” them).
Egnyte commissioned a survey which revealed that the number one thing mobile professionals miss most about not working in the office is easily accessing files from a file server.
The survey results also showed that nearly half (41%) of respondents reported that printing is the most frustrating thing about working outside of the office, while 36% were most frustrated by the inability to find a fast and reliable WiFi connection.
- The iPad may be popular but 63% of professionals stated that it would not replace the PC.
- Worthy of a Dr. Drew intervention, 41% of mobile professionals confess they are most addicted to the Facebook app.
- In the battle of the smartphone titans—Apple versus Google, almost 60% of mobile professionals favor the iPhone as America’s biggest winner edging out Android who had 29%.
So, if you’re looking for easy access to your files, remotely, you have a LOT of choices. The challenge, finding the one that works for you.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017