- ProPay Debuts Merchant Security and Risk Resources
- Old Spice’s Viral Campaign: Delusional As a Success Story for Your Business
- Concur Breeze Now Available as Mobile Application
- Video: AT&T Tech Support. Western Digital External Drives and Storage Solutions
- Dell Introduces 1135n 4-in-1 Multifunction Laser Printer
- Xerox Announces the WorkCentre 3550
- Maximizer Offers New Sales-Focused CRM Edition for Small Businesses
- Mobile Marketing Through SMS: Yes You Can…and Profitably
- Email Marketing: Build. Segment. Reward
- oDesk on Hiring Freelancers
- 3 Ways to Turn Prospects into Customers and Customers into Fans
ProPay Debuts Merchant Security and Risk Resources
Lehi, Utah – July 22, 2010 – ProPay (www.propay.com), ETA’s 2010 ISO of the Year and the industry leader in End-to-End Payment Security, credit card processing, and electronic payment services, is proud to debut a suite of resources designed to help educate merchants and help them more easily address data security, regulatory compliance and risk issues. Among these resources are a blog, newsletter and a series of whitepapers.
ProPay’s blog provides relevant, objective information on subjects such as payment processing, transaction risk reduction, PCI DSS guidance, regulatory compliance, and legal issues. Contributors include experts on subjects ranging from PCI DSS, risk, law and other regulatory compliance issues. “ProPay Industry and Security News,” the company’s monthly newsletter, debuted in May 2010. It is designed to keep merchants abreast of relevant industry trends and news. Interested parties can read the blog and register for the newsletter at: http://blog.propay.com.
Old Spice’s Viral Campaign: Delusional As a Success Story for Your Business
There’s been a lot of well deserved attention to the viral campaign of Old Spice’s commercial about the “Old Spice Man”.
CrowdSpring wrote a very good post, reviewing the video and campaign.Their post reads in part, The quick-response videos generated nearly 6 million views in less than 24 hours. That’s 6 million impressions for $0 in media buy. That converts to a CPM of $0. Did I mention that the cost of all of those eyeballs was $0?
This is not true, as someone commented on their blog post. Read the rest on Smallbiztechnology.com.
Concur Breeze Now Available as Mobile Application
REDMOND, Wash., June 28 — Concur (Nasdaq:CNQR), the world’s leading provider of on-demand employee spend management services, today announced that Concur® Breeze – the online expense reporting service designed specifically for small businesses – is now available as a mobile application for Android, BlackBerry and iPhone smartphones. Now, any user of Concur Breeze can easily create, submit and approve expense reports anytime, anywhere with their Android, BlackBerry or iPhone device. The mobile application is available for download from the iPhone and Android app stores at no additional charge for Concur Breeze customers. The application will be available for Over the Air (OTA) download and from the Blackberry App World in early July also at no additional charge.
Concur Breeze automatically captures transaction data from both personal and corporate credit card charges, and makes them available for import into expense reports. By automating the entire process and eliminating the need for paper receipts, spreadsheets, and lengthy reimbursement cycles, Concur Breeze reduces the time and hassles associated with expense reporting – simplifying bookkeeping and helping companies better track costs and manage cash. And now, all of this functionality is available in a free mobile app running on the most popular smartphones.
Video: AT&T Tech Support. Western Digital External Drives and Storage Solutions
Pepcom is an annual event in New York City bringing together journalists (that’s me) and tech companies (that’s AT&T and Western Digital) to showcase the latest and greatest technologies for businesses and consumers.
I reported for IFV News on Pepcom.
View our coverage here, where we talk to AT&T about their tech support offerings for small businesses and Western Digital about their array of external hard drives and storage devices.
Dell Introduces 1135n 4-in-1 Multifunction Laser Printer
– The 4-in-1 system has a print speed of up to 22 A4 pages per minute (ppm)*and a high 12,000 pages maximum monthly duty cycle. It also features enhanced resolution 4800 x 4800 dpi scanning capabilities as well as a 2,500 page high-capacity toner cartridge and 250 sheet paper input drawer standard.
– Includes Dell’s standard 1 Year Next Business Day On-site Service and optional installation services.
– Dell printer users can return toner cartridges to Dell for recycling at no additional cost (applies to North American and major western European countries only).
More info on the 1135n can be found at www.dell.com/printers.
Xerox Announces the WorkCentre 3550
The WorkCentre 3550, designed for small- and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), includes many advanced features, such as automatic duplex printing and CentreWare® Internet Services device management tool, to help users be more productive. The WorkCentre 3550 comes with:
– A standard paper capacity of 550 sheets, the WorkCentre 3550 can handle heavy office print volumes.
– Secure print keeps documents from printing until users provide a PIN code to release the job.
– Color scanning provides customers with the ability to capture documents as they originally appeared.
– Files are easily transferred through the print-from and scan-to USB thumb drive on the front of the MFP.
– Scanning and faxing features such as network scan to PC, scan-to-email, fax-forward-to-fax/email, let users send documents in different ways.
– Optical Character Recognition software quickly and easily turns user’s hard copies into editable, more manageable electronic documents.
The WorkCentre 3550 starts at $1,099 estimated retail price (ERP) and can be configured to a floor-standing unit to meet a variety of users’ paper handling requirements.
Maximizer Offers New Sales-Focused CRM Edition for Small Businesses
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA – June 29, 2010 – Offering small businesses marquis sales tools and upgraded contact management capabilities to leverage pipeline opportunities in real time, Maximizer Software Inc., a leading provider of simple, accessible customer relationship management (CRM) and mobile CRM solutions, today announced the availability of the first-ever Maximizer CRM 11 Team Edition and enhanced CRM 11 Entrepreneur Edition.
Entrepreneur Edition is tailored for organizations with individual or up to five networked users that primarily need contact management functionality. The new Team Edition is designed for organizations with 5-50 networked users that demand more advanced sales opportunity management and collaboration. These latest offerings complete the rollout of Maximizer CRM 11 across four editions, with Group and Enterprise Editions previously launched on March 29.
“With today’s small business landscape tougher than ever, professionals are demanding real-time access to critical customer and prospect information—as well as the ability to strategically act on sales pipeline activity—in a moment’s notice,” said William Anderson, executive vice president of technology, Maximizer Software. “Our new ‘Team’ approach to sales was developed with this in mind, as Maximizer CRM 11 enables powerful collaboration and knowledge sharing among colleagues so they can collectively focus on efficiently closing the highest priority sales opportunities, whether in the office or on the road.”
12HoursofTech Event Coverage
Check out new videos and transcripts of presentations at our 12HoursofTech event last month at Internet Week NY. The full day event, followed by a reception, brought together speakers from Ez Texting, Kutenda, Infusionsoft, Orange Soda, Net@Work, Constant Contact, Vertical Response, IT2Max, Tap11, Affect Strategies, Pattie Stone, Odesk, Hill Data Management, Yelp, RatePoint and Antonio Neves.
12HoursOfTech was hosted by Microsoft NYC and sponsored by Net@Work
Mobile Marketing Through SMS: Yes You Can…and Profitably
EZ Texting’s Shane Neman
Email Marketing: Build. Segment. Reward.
Jenna Jantsch, Vertical Response
Matt Cooper, oDesk
3 Ways to Turn Prospects into Customers and Customers into Fans
Gary Gertz, Net@Work
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017