4G is not yet available in New York City,however in a month or two Sprint is expected to roll out 4G in the New York City area as it continues to launch 4G all over the country. AT&T and Verizon Wireless will also be developing their own higher speed networks.
On a side note, I’ve found that for my needs 3G is just fine. But then again, I thought DSL was fine until I upgraded to Verizon FIOS.
I think for cell phones, the move to 4G “might” not be so important, but I think for other mobile devices such as notebook computers and iPads
In any case, if you’ve never had a look at what a wireless cell tower antenna looks like, in particular 3G to 4G here’s a video showing some of the technology.
Sprint says there are five highlights to its 4G technology:
- Peak download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G today – faster than anything wireless from AT&T or Verizon
- Service that costs about five times less than Sprint’s 3G network service
- Immediate connectivity for fast downloads, streaming video and Web browsing on a mobile device
- A seamless transition from 3G to 4G technology with a 3G/4G dual-mode device
- The ability to wirelessly connect devices such as the iPad, Nook eBook, Netbook or anything else that uses Wi-Fi using the Overdrive™ 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- FileMaker – Powerful Database That’s Evolved For Today’s Growing Businesses - October 18, 2018
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018