Most of us have used the free Adobe Reader for several years. It works well and is one of the default applications on our computers.
Adobe has released a brand new version of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat X that enables you to do more. I have not dived into it in depth, yet, but I thought to give you a heads up of a it now:
- View and interact with the widest range of PDF file and content types, reliably, consistently and exactly as intended.
- Fully experience PDF Portfolios with visual themes, custom layouts and preview of content including PDF files, Office documents, images, web pages and Adobe Flash Player-compatible content.
- Fill-out, electronically submit, save and digitally sign Acrobat and XML-based PDF forms.
- Interact with and collaborate on high-impact communications with PDF files that contain rich media, including Adobe Flash Player-compatible content, geospatial data and 3D models.
- Provide meaningful feedback with others when collaborating on documents with Shared Reviews and Page View Sharing
- Exchange documents with others via Adobe SendNow directly from within Adobe Reader X or a web browser.
- Upload files to Adobe CreatePDF for conversion to PDF online from within Adobe Reader X.
- Streamlined user interface and reading mode that maximizes the view of a PDF document and minimizes the impact of software chrome.
- Work with PDF files stored in SharePoint libraries with no configuration necessary, including check-in, check-out, specifying versioning information and editing document library custom document properties.
- Ensure standards-based documents, such as those that comply with the PDF/A and PDF/X standards, display correctly as defined by the ISO specifications.
- Integrates with popular assistive technology, such as screen readers, and includes accessibility settings such as replacing document colors, that allow those with disabilities to consume information in PDF files.
- Open documents that have been secured using Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management software, or secure documents that have been certified using trusted root certificates such as those from major certificate authorities, hardware tokens or roaming profiles.
- Work with PDF files and forms that are part of Adobe LiveCycle enterprise solutions and workflows.
- Freely available installer customization tools, enterprise deployment and hosting documentation, and support for Microsoft SCCM and SCUP technologies.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Wix Launches Simple Marketing Automation for Growing Businesses – Wix Ascend - December 11, 2018
- You’ve Been Fired. How To Start Your Own Business - December 3, 2018
- Make Better Presentation Slides With This New Tool. Ramon Reviews Beautiful.ai - November 27, 2018