Document management has been around for many years. Before Facebook and wireless broadband, companies, especially larger companies have been trying to ensure they use less paper.
It’s a challenge.
You want to use less paper, but you keep hitting the print button. You want to use less paper but your mail box keeps getting filled with document after document after document.
Take a walk around your business? Are you staff knee deep in piles of paper? Is your storage room overflowing with the smell of staples, paper clips and documents? You might want to consider a document management solution.
I was speaking with Xerox Docushare a few weeks ago, at their Mountain View offices and they shared with me how their customers are thriving by leveraging powerful document management solutions.
In reviewing a video case study of one of their customers, five key benefits stood out:
- Document management (or enterprise content management – ECM) enables increased customer satisfaction. You can focus on the customer and solve their problems faster as you have faster access to the information.
- Instead of spending hours per week looking for information, you can get those hours back and do more to get the things done that really matter.
- Over time, paper and toner and other related supplies can eat away at your budget. With a properly implemented document management solution, you can save money and have more money available for employee raises or whatever else you want.
- “Going green” is not only the latest fad but it’s also a genuine way to be a good steward of our earth. Clearly, using less paper, means that you are doing your part to be environmentally sensitive.
- Instead of wasting time chasing down a signature and ensuring someone in “legal” reviews a document, your ECM system can help you automatically route documents right where they need to be.