- The Small Business Authority, Powered by Newtek Launches New Website
- 4G Is Here. It’s Not For Everyone (Yet) But For Many. Lots Of Products
- Corel’s New Mobile App for Viewing WordPerfect Files on the iPhone and iPad
- Hot Technology For Growing Businesses at Small Business Summit 2011
- New Roundup of Small Business Events, Conferences and Webinars
The Small Business Authority, Powered by Newtek Launches New Website
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, has announced that it has formally introduced its new website, www.thesba.com. The goal of The Small Business Authority branding strategy is to establish thesba.com as the online destination spot for small business. There are 27 million small businesses in the United States, which represent 51% of non-farm GDP and 99.7% of all employer firms.
“Powered by Newtek, thesba.com will become the destination on the Internet for small business owners,” remarked Barry Sloane, President, CEO and Chairman of Newtek Business Services. “If Wal-Mart is where America shops and Google is where America searches, then thesba.com is where independent business owners come for ideas to grow their sales, reduce their business expenses, and reduce their business risk.”
The new website will include current state-of-the art small business news, monthly measurement of the small business economy, monthly measurement of small business owners’ market sentiment, monthly SB University tips for business owners, cost savings and discounts on small business products and services, and the latest news out of Washington, D.C. or State government affecting independent business owners.
4G Is Here. It’s Not For Everyone (Yet) But For Many. Lots Of Products
Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, Clear (and other wireless carriers – are there any?) are all ramping up to offer more and more 4G broadband wireless in 2011. 4G broadband wireless is powerful as it will:
* Change the way we compute home. Some might not need traditional DSL or Cable – and instead have 4G
* For on the road professionals high speed data movement, like video conferencing makes sense on the road
At CES Verizon Wireless released a boat load of devices from LG, HTC, Samsung and HP (see the list below).
If you’re looking to move “faster” in 2011, you definitely can. 3G, I do think is “good enough” but for data intensive applications, 4G is going to be a must.
As you upgrade your devices to leverage 4G be aware of any additional fees you’ll be charged. Walt Mossberg,in a recent WSJ article writes that Verizon’s 4G is “wicked fast” but watch your pocket. Read the rest on Smallbiztechnology.com.
Corel’s New Mobile App for Viewing WordPerfect Files on the iPhone and iPad
Corel introduced Corel® WordPerfect® Viewer, for viewing, sharing and storing WordPerfect documents on the iPhone® and iPad®. With a simple tap, mobile users can conveniently read WordPerfect email attachments and downloaded files on the fly, eliminating the need to go back to their desktops to retrieve important information.
Corel WordPerfect Viewer Helps Users Be More Productive, Even on the Go
iPhone and iPad users can now view, share and store their WordPerfect documents with Corel WordPerfect Viewer. The added ability to search and bookmark WordPerfect files enables users to quickly take care of simple tasks and access important information when needed.
Corel WordPerfect Viewer Features
- View, scan and store WordPerfect documents conveniently on your iPhone or iPad
- Drag and drop files into WordPerfect Viewer from iTunes or send them directly to the viewer from other applications, for example, iPhone email client and DropBox
- Search, bookmark and email files that have automatically been converted to formats that your iPhone or iPad can display
- Export converted files to any other program registered to handle HTML files
- Easily retrieve WordPerfect attachments without the need to go back to your desktop
Hot Technology For Growing Businesses at Small Business Summit 2011
Enter by February 8, 2011
If you have a tech product that is stunningly hot and awesome, enter to have it demonstrated in front of a live audience of hundreds at the Sixth Annual Small Business Summit 2011 on March 8, 2011 in NYC.
The winning demos will also be video taped and made available to a much larger audience online. 2010 Hot Tech Demo winners included Broadlook Technologies, Lexmark, ReTargeter, SugarSync, EZ Texting, Pixability and Slide Rocket. See submission form for details.
New Roundup of Small Business Events, Conferences and Webinars
The next few weeks and months have lots of opportunities to get out there, learn, network, and start 2011 on the right foot – enjoy!
This list of events, conferences and webinars for growing companies and entrepreneurs is brought to you every other week by Small Business Trends and Smallbiztechnology.com.
Latest posts by Laura Leites (see all)
- Small Biz Events, Awards & Contests: Small Business Influencers, Small Business Summit, Manta Photo Contest + More - July 8, 2013
- Small Biz Events, Contests & Awards: Alibaba Women Entrepreneurs, Inbound 2013 + More - June 24, 2013
- Small Biz Contests, Awards & Events: Small Business Heroes, Twitter Chat #SMBizEdge, Small Business Week & More - June 17, 2013