The data you have in your business is probably one of the most important assets your business has. It’s clearly NOT as important as your children (or another close relative) but I think you get the point – your data IS very important.
There are many solutions available for your data storage needs.
- Basic computer hard disk, where you save files (hopefully you back it up)
- Save files to your server (and hopefully you back it up)
- Save files to an external hard disk.
- Saving all your data to the cloud, through any number of fee or free online services is yet another option.
All of these options are great and yet I have one more solution for you to consider.
For those who want on-premise storage solutions, especially if you are working with LOTS of data and you want to ensure it’s secure, even if a hard disk crashes, you definitely want an array of hard disks, using what’s called RAID.
RAID is a great technology but for small businesses that are still managing their own technology it could be a bit complex to manage, especially as your data needs grow.
I was looking at the data storage solutions of Drobo and encourage you to check it out, it’s like RAID on steroids.
Drobo is an external storage device, that houses hard disks. What’s nice about Drobo’s solution is that through colored lights you quickly and easily know how much storage you have used and if everything is “ok or not” through a simple blue, red, green and yellow lighting system.
Even if you are an IT consultant and know how to configure RAID Drobo’s solution makes it much easier for you to save time as you better manage your data storage needs.
Recently Drobo expanded their line of storage products to include 8 and 12 bay (meaning 8 and 12 hard disk) storage solutions.
Whether you choose a solution from Drobo or someone else, if you have a LOT of data and need to ensure it’s safe and secure, choose an expandable and redundant solution.
There’s no excuse for you to lose your important (or even not so important data)
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017