You labor all day long going from client to client to make the next dollar. You serve them hand and foot to provide the best customer service possible. They call you, your peers call you even your mother still calls you to get help.
Have you ever considered making your expertise a profit center?
You and I’m sure employees in your company have years of expertise on your core products and services and other things. Why not try to “sell” your expertise and invite customers and potential customers to attend webinars wherein you train them on what you’re an expert in?
Citrix offers some help and in a recent press release writes that they have introduced an integrated payment processing feature for its GoToTraining online training product. Realizing an uptapped opportunity for small businesses to monetize online training, the company’s RevStream feature will enable trainers to easily charge for training sessions and create a new revenue stream. A recently released Wainhouse Research white paper, “Painlessly Monetizing Online Training through Integrated eCommerce,” also supports this view, examining the growth of the online training market and the potential for external training programs as profit centers.
This is not something you should just jump into, but ensure you have a clear plan of action and consider these things:
- Are you (or whoever is going to do the training) truly an expert in what you will be training on?
- Can you clearly explain and TEACH this expertise. Just because you are an expert does not mean you’re a teacher or good presenter.
- Do you have a clear outline and syllabus so that those taking the training get the most out of it?
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Three Ways Blockchain Could Make Transactions Smoother For Your Business - April 24, 2018
- How the Recent Facebook Algorithm Change May Affect Your Business - April 6, 2018
- How AI is Transforming Small Businesses and a Look at Zoho AI - April 5, 2018