I bought a Dell Vostro 130 last year and it’s a lovely machine. Only problem is that battery life is not that long. What you gain in lightness (it’s like 2 or 3 lbs) you lose in other things – like shorter battery life. I was helping a friend of mine their with new Toshiba Portege (not sure the model) and it’s battery life appears to be a little bit longer, but it’s a bit heaver as it has a built in CD-ROM/DVD drive. Sigh…what to do.
HP offers 7 tips for keeping your batter life running much longer:
- Avoid multi-tasking.
- Turn down the lights and the heat.
- Optimize the power.
- Defragment your computer regularly.
- Become a minimalist.
- Go into hibernation.
- Baby your battery
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017