Power Point is one of the most popular business tools on the market. We all use it when giving presentations. However, just about every Power Point I see used is NOT used effectively. Having said that John “ColderICE” Lawson, Chris McCann (President of 1800-Flowers), Jim Fowler (founder of JigSaw) and other speakers used Power Point to mind blowing effectiveness at the Small Business Summit 2011 (by Dell).
In these videos Microsoft reviews the top reasons that your video can be a presentation disaster.
- Too many graphics
- Too many bullet points that don’t get to the point
- Too many animations
- Repeating yourself too much
- Too many colors
Next time you’re creating a Power Point presentation – take the time to first and foremost be a GREAT speaker. Secondarily, use a presentation to only BACKUP what you are saying. To support what you are saying. NOT to be the crutch for your bad speaking ability.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017