Education. Or rather, continuing education.
As a small business owner, continuous learning and adapting are essential for your company’s survival and profitability. A haphazard approach to developing content and using online technology just doesn’t cut it.
Educated entrepreneurs understand that salient content and effective online communication do wonders in attracting potential customers and keeping existing ones.
Here are two upcoming New York events that can help you improve your content creation and online presence.
1) Using Content and Creativity to Grow Your Business
As part of our Taste of Technology series, Ramon Ray hosts a panel of experts who’ll divulge how to actively bring in new customers through creative content in social media, websites and video.
The panel includes:
Jon Gelberg, Blue Fountain Media
Arthur Germain, Communication Strategy Group
Dan Nainan, Comedian/Actor/Voiceover Artist/Computer Expert
Derrick Guest, Griot’s Roll Film Production & Services
When: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Where: Microsoft NY Offices, 1290 Avenue of the Americas
2) BlogWorld & New Media Expo (20% discount for our readers)
Promoted as the world’s largest blogging and social media conference, BlogWorld is a rich educational experience for small business owners, whether newbie or experienced, and regardless of industry.
There will be experts and industry gurus on hand so you can learn the best tips, technologies and methods for growing your online brand and audience. Choose which sessions you want to attend, depending on your needs. You can learn how to:
- Create your blog and cover buzzworthy topics
- Make your blog stand out from the competition
- Promote your blog via distribution channels and social media
- Network with other bloggers and influencers
- Expand the audience of your podcast, video blog, web TV or internet radio show
- Produce your best podcasts, web TV, and radio shows
- Supercharge your marketing with tools like Twitter and Facebook
- Generate a diverse, loyal and interactive community around your content and company
- Respond to customer feedback with best online practices
- Measure the reach of your show, blog, and community
- Avoid problems by becoming educated on critical points for ethical online content
In addition to learning new ways to hone your content skills, BlogWorld is a great place to network, and look for business opportunities and collaborators.
When: May 24-26
Where: Javits Center in New York City
20% Discount Code: SBTVIP20
Register online at http://www.blogworldexpo.com