One of the things missing from many commerce tools, at least those on the lower end, is business intelligence (BI). BI allows you to really know your customers and your products and sell the right product to the right customer at the right time.
Zoovy announced, for example, that it has ecommerce software which includes the following features:
- Tracking new customers that have not repeated
- Tracking revenue, purchasing habits and growth for new vs. repeat customers
- Segmenting customers by products of interest
- Tracking returns/refunds by category to find potential trouble spots
- Identifying products that aren’t selling well
- Finding opportunities to raise pricing
- Filtering out splits and affiliate data
- Tracking marketplace performance — which sites are selling the best
If you are going to successfully sell online, you need to do more than just “sell”. You need to gain intelligence about your customers and sales and turn browsers into buyers and buyers into repeat buyers and repeat buyers into fans.
Take a look at the tools your ecommerce provider offers. Do they help you gain intelligence? If not – you might want to switch. Until then make sure you mine data from:
- Google Analytics – to know about visitors to your web site
- Observe your email marketing analytics
- Consider automated email marketing tools such as from Infusion Soft