The Small Business Authority recently release a survey which showed that almost 50% of the client base polled did not have a web presence or indicated being unhappy with their site. 65% of small businesses do not take online payments and 63% do not use any web traffic tools.
On one hand I understand that so many small business owners still do not know how to upgrade their web site, do more with social media and etc.
On the other hand there is so much free and fee based technology available to everyone that I think there is very little or NO excuse for business owners to not do more with their online presence – including selling online.
Another thing that might be stopping businesses owners is also simply the lack of know how (but there’s Elance and local consultants) to advance their businesses.
Finally many business owners (is that you?) just don’t see how serious their online presence is to the growth of their business and don’t know the benefits they are missing by not beefing up and boosting their online presence.
Newtek (owner of The Small Business Authority brand) CEO Barry Sloane advocates that:
•An effective ecommerce initiative can grow sales by 25% without much investment or effort.
•Taking payments on the Internet can improve cash flow and collections
•It is critical to safely transact business online
•You should move your business to “the cloud” (to using online software)
Check out my article 29 Ways Small Businesses Can Do Big Things Online if you have not check it out yet.
Many of said that the following were reasons you did not like your web site or did not even have a web site:
· The site is out-of-date and was created years ago
· Clients do not know where to go or how to make changes to their website
· Their business and markets have changed, requiring a “facelift” and a dynamic updating process
· The site was written in language that is out-of-date
· Search engine optimization and search engine marketing was not a real science or art when the site was created
I understand your frustration and I know creating a web site is not easy, especially if you are completely not technically inclined and simply don’t have the time. However, I beg you – your online presence is critical.
Check your local professional organization for recommendations to web site designers. Some you might want to check out include:
Want to create your web site on your own:
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018
- 7 Steps to Creating Your Own Startup - September 13, 2018
- Apple’s New Product Lines. What’s In It for Small Business? - September 12, 2018