One of the only books that I read from cover to cover and am riveted to are Tom Clancy’s books. In reading “Built To Sell” by John Warrillow from the first chapter where John outlines the struggles of fictional character Alex I could not put the book down.
What’s exciting about John’s book is that all of us – all small businesses struggling to grow, struggling with higher, thinking of how to pay bills – can identify with the characters in “Built To Sell”.
In revetting “dram” format, John takes us through the drudgery of Alex growing his design firm, to working with a mentor to be stable, to the joys of being offered $5 Million for his business that only earlier was worth around than $500,000.
There are several key things that John’s book outlines that will help every business build a business that investors will salivate to own.
- Build processes that everyone can learn
- Develop a sales team with clear products to sell an guidelines how to sell them
- Don’t sell products or services that you can’t be the best at
Although Built To Sell does not touch on technology there are several ways you can use technology as you are building a business to sell:
- Hire the best workers, no matter where they are, through online collaboration and communication solutions (Skype, ooVoo, Office365, Google Apps, HyperOffice)
- Use a technology guru to help ensure you maximize technology to its fullest
- Train your staff in the best way to use technology
Check out sixtechrules.com for more insight on using technology in your business.
There are many more tips in John’s book – check it out to learn the rest.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018