I love the world of “cloud computing”. I tried out my first web app on Google Chrome – Tweet Deck – and love it. I love how I can use a browser and have all of my data – anywhere I can get to a browser. Way cool.
I also like how through my mobile phone I can access a variety of online tools and have almost the same power and flexibility as I would have on a desktop computer. Way cool and productive.
One of my favorite online services is that of file sharing. Smallbiztechnology.com has a distributed (yet small) work force across the New York tri-state area, the USA and the world. We rely on a variety of file sharing services to help us get our work done.
I live in Dropbox, Carbonite is always on backing up my data and has remote access and Google Apps is a great tool for overall collaboration and communication. Other tools you might like are SugarSync and Box.net.
At $90 per user per year the price is a bit more than some, but quite reasonable and depending on what service you look at Trend Micro has some features that other services don’t – such as music and video streaming from the shared folder on mobile devices.
The press release reads:
Using secure cloud-based technology, SafeSync for Business is designed to let users easily access and share all their data while ensuring that they are protected, saved and up to date across multiple computers and mobile devices via the innovative synchronization technology. SafeSync also keeps an additional, up to date, copy in the cloud that can be accessed from any web enabled device or used in case of hardware failure or loss. SafeSync eliminates the need to manually move files from one PC to another, which is not only time-consuming but more subject to data loss. The result is superior organization of data and the ability to quickly and easily share and backup digital files.
According to a recent Trend Micro survey, only 12 percent of small businesses are not using smartphones for business use, while 43 percent of businesses say at least one or more of their employees use tablets to access their IT systems. “We know that the majority of small business owners are juggling multiple devices and don’t have a server to help backup and protect their sensitive data,” said Dan Conlon, Engineering Director and Developer at Trend Micro. “We’re excited to be able to offer an affordable and easy-to-use solution to protect their files whether they’re in the office, at home or on the road that won’t slow them down.”
With SafeSync for Business, users will receive continuous updates and improvements, and small businesses will be protected from data loss because SafeSync for Business can replace or complement existing back-up systems.
Companies can also collaborate internally or externally with shared folders. The sharing function allows employees to share their files with co-workers and clients anytime, anywhere. This not only improves employee productivity but also removes the need for expensive and complex on premise storage equipment, which may be a reason why some small businesses aren’t adopting servers. Trend Micro’s survey also found that 42 percent of businesses with three to 10 PCs say they have no file server at all.
SafeSync for Business features:
- Secure Online data storage and back up with synchronization
- Anytime, anywhere file accessing, editing, and organizing
- Sharing files for team collaboration – File Server as a service
- No file size limits and folder permissions
- Multiple users per account – One license for the company
- Continuous, automatic file synchronization – Does not slow down PC
- Video and music streaming to compatible hand-held devices
- Centralized management for administrator
- Instant Secure link sharing with any third party – External file and folder sharing support
- Deleted file recovery with unlimited versioning
- Windows and Mac fully supported
- iPhone/iPad and Android supported
- Any web enable device supported
- Easy to set up and use
- Access your latest data across all personal data devices
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Perspective. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016