Maybe you don’t see complaining customers as a great thing – but they are, according to a recent blog post on Marketo. The blog post advocates that instead of ignoring customers who complain use it as an opportunity to improve your lead generation by:
- Adapting future marketing messages
- Know how to improve revenue cycles (as unhappy customers can indicate WHY sales are down)
- Review collections of complaints to uncover common threads
Instead of ignoring customers who complain, give complaining customers a special forum and in fact INVITE them to complain. It’s refreshing to get feedback and critique from customers before it hits a local newspaper or is somewhere that you can’t find it.
While you don’t want to invent a dumping ground for your companies brand, if done properly you’ll find a treasure trove of ways to improve your company through the “complaint” surveys (I use Zoomerang), Tweets and blog posts.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 5 Tips for Instagram Advertising for Small Businesses - August 17, 2018
- Are Business Plans Necessary to Start a Business? - August 16, 2018
- Indra Nooyi Steps Down from Pepsi – What Can Small Business Owners Learn from Her? - August 15, 2018