There’s been a lot of noise and media publicity (as there should be) over Congressman Anthony Weiner sending scant photos of himself through Twitter and communicating inappropriately with young ladies online.
For those of you who have embraced social media, for your business, this might cause you to be more careful but really has no bearing on your social media marketing.
However, for those of you who already felt nervous and even scared about leveraging social media for your business, Congressman Weiner’s scandal might drive you further away from using social media.
Here’s a few things that I would ask you to consider.
- Technology is only a tool it’s how you use the tool that matters. Clearly Congressman Weiner, used the tool inappropriately.
- Be cautious what you do in regard to technology overall and especially social media.
- When sending anything online via email or social media understand that the potential for your message to go beyond your intended audience is huge. Send with this in mind.
- Train your employees in how to best use social media. Don’t ask your 20 year old or 62 year old staff to post online if they have had not training in social media.
So what does this mean for you? Dive into social media and use it – but use it cautiously and with care.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017