The e-commerce business model has seen some phenomenal successes in the recent years and gives both big and small business incentive to have an online presence. Website owners need to adopt the right technologies for good business processes.
In fact, Dale Cook, Product Marketing Manager at Serif, a popular web design firm, suggests, “Including these advance features at the design stage itself, pays richer dividends.” Which features? Here are four of them small businesses can implement to boost online sales:
1. Secure the website: A SSL, or a Secure Sockets Layer certificate, reassures clients that data entered is private and is shielded when transmitted online. Major SSL service providers include VeriSign etc, and displaying their certification will ensure your customers will trust you and provide credit card numbers, sensitive data etc.
2. Create content that calls for action: Content is the core of your website. Your website, in addition to succinct information on your product or services, should have persuasive content that will logically take them to the next step of purchasing your product or service.
3. Minimize purchasing time: The check out process should be secure, but brief, thereby increasing the chances of the client ‘coming back’ to shop at your website. Something similar to the one-click method that Amazon adopts for returning customers and minimized data forms for new customers will ensure smarter and faster purchasing time.
4. Optimize customer service: This means letting your customer having a satisfied experience shopping at your website. Display shipping tariffs with taxes and indicating that prices of products and services at the website already include taxes would go a long way in building a positive customer interaction.
Take away for implementing a successful e-commerce website
“A surprisingly powerful solution that is perfect for small budgets” says Jenni, the owner of Tulips, an online boutique, “is ecommerce.” It is relatively easy to set up shop on the internet with well-designed and easy to use websites but lack of particular website features fails to convert browsers into paying customers.
A cumulative of all the following features will ensure your e-commerce websites not only sells and makes money but also explodes into a money-spinner:
- Secure the website
- Action-calling content
- Minimize purchasing time
- Optimized customer service