Google has always been the first to recognize ways of digitizing businesses. Its suite of powerful and effective branding-building tools for small businesses has a new feature: Google Business Pictures. Google seeks to add an image or a photo of your existing facility or business operations to your location on Google Maps with this new tool.
What is Google Business Photos?
It’s a new option for businesses to showcase the inside of their business when a potential customer is utilizing Google Maps or Google Street View. Google’s trusted photographers take panoramic photos, which will appear on your business’ Place page as individual still photos, and as panoramic 360-degree imagery using Street View technology. Right now, the service is only being offered in select cities.
How & Why Google Business Photos
Marketing guru and SEO expert Jason Hennessey says Google Business Pictures for online businesses “will help you set yourself apart from the competition. If potential clients can see where you work, they will be more likely to trust you. Since you are in a business that requires little face to face interaction, 360 degree photos of your work environment will contribute to your perceived legitimacy.”
As CEO of Everspark Interactive, a successful SEO service provider for over a decade he has more answers for multiple domain businesses, Hennessey offers an example of how a spare parts dealer could utilize Google Business Pictures: “For someone googling something as specific as “spare parts dealers,” finding one dealer that is open and trustworthy is extremely important. A picture of your business will catch your potential customer’s eye quickly.”
Professional practitioners and small businesses can use Google Business Pictures to:
- means differentiating yourself
- Showing off your high-tech interior and your state-of-the-art equipment
- Going the extra distance and participating will place your practice above your direct competition
- Helps build credibility and show that your practice has a sense of personality
- Welcoming and comfortable environment will go a long way toward bringing them into your office
“An exterior photo (like from Google Street View) will not do your business justice your interior photo is of your extensive office it will definitely be attractive to potential customers,” Hennessey said. “Additionally, Google is more likely to trust your site when it comes to crawling and indexing, because of one of the company’s trusted photographers came to your office and took photos – it shows that you have nothing to hide, you are who you say you are, and you are located where you say you are located.”
Latest posts by Anuradha Shukla (see all)
- Small Businesses Can Achieve Global Sales Through Technology - August 9, 2011
- Why Small Businesses Need the iPad - August 4, 2011
- 5 Social Media Management Platforms To Choose From - August 2, 2011